May 4th, 2021
Waysun Inc., a full-service entertainment and video game company, creates its own casual games and partners with developers to launch products in the highly nuanced gaming market worldwide.
- Business Model: Operating in a niche segment, Wayusn utilizes exclusive distribution pipelines into global casual gaming growth geographies, offering developers a marketplace for their content and helping them determine the best platforms for distribution, including PC, Mobile, and OTT.
- Industry Knowledge: Its team of experienced leaders brings expertise from the gaming and entertainment industries, with tenures at global companies including Electronic Arts (EA), Sony, and The Walt Disney Company, among others.
- Distribution Partners: Some of the publishers that Waysun works with include EA, Petricore, KISS Publishing, SNK, and Chuanpu, among others. The company continues to forge partnerships with relevant industry players, providing an entry path for developers into a highly nuanced global market.
- Game Portfolio: With 40 casual games already on the market, Waysun is working on a new creative offerings that will continue to drive the industry forward. The company’s portfolio of games emphasize simplicity, while being dynamic and challenging. This means anyone can play for the period that they desire in a friendly game environment,
- Financials: Waysun has completed two successful rounds of funding, including a seeding round in 2018 and Series A round, completed in 2020, raising a total of $7.5 million.
- Location: The company’s U.S. headquarters are based in Orlando, Florida with global presence in markets including China, the UK, and Canada, soon expanding into MENA and Southeast Asia.
Orlando, FL – May 4, 2021 – throughout the past decade, online gaming has surged, specifically the casual gaming segment where people have turned to for entertainment – and, most importantly, a way to stay connected to others virtually.
Waysun Inc. is an emerging global player in this category. As a full-service entertainment and video game company, Waysun aims to engage casual game developers and publishers to help them navigate the highly nuanced path to globalization. Waysun offers casual gamers experiences that are stimulating, positive, and dynamic – reminiscent of classic formats – while leveraging the latest technology and entertainment innovations. By making its games readily available across familiar platforms, from mobile to PC ad OTT, the company is putting gaming within everyone’s reach.
With a global focus, Waysun leverages its industry expertise and market knowledge to help experiences and up-and-coming developers penetrate gaming markets worldwide, including China, where the ecosystem is highly regulated. in this market, Waysun has partnerships that provide a pipeline to more than 300 million consumers.
“We identified a niche opportunity in the casual gaming segment and acted on it to build the company. While the industry is rapidly growing, to be successful and integrate global markets, developers need to know how to navigate different regulations, and that is where we come in. Waysun works with developers who are looking to expand into new markets and helps them create a seamless integration process through design, development, and submission,” Aly Yip, CEO fo Waysun Inc.
Beyond consulting for other players in the industry, Waysun develops its own casual games that combine fun and socially engaging components for all audiences. Whether consumers want to play for 15 minutes or an hour, Waysun’s gaming catalog offers an entertaining and enriching experience.
Slated for Holiday 2021, the merging entertainment and video game company will launch a mobile AR game where players can adopt and care for virtual pets, contributing to their health, growth, and development, all while being rewarded as pets achieve certain milestones. the endgame: players consume positive content in a healthier way, bringing out a kind and nurturing spirit.
Some of Waysun’s games already on the market that emulate this purpose with a lovable attitude and positive tone, include:
- Badminton Stars: Like the real-life sport, it requires speed and quick reaction to get to the top of the leaderboard. In addition, players can play virtual matches and engage with other users.
- Snoring Elephant Puzzle: With more than 300 million play worldwide, the game incorporates the basics of physics and puzzles with cute animals.
- Trito’s Adventure: Players make a journey to greek mythology in a puzzle game to look for scattered fragments of a broken trident.
Creative and engaging content such as this, sets Waysun apart as a player looking to embed not only fun, but also personal growth on their games.
“As an experienced player in the entertainment industry, we know that content has an enormous impact on society. By creating games that are fun but also enriching social, and that promote physical movement, we are paving the way for a more purposeful and inclusive industry, one that brings out the kind and nurturing spirit within all of us it comes down to creating a movement as we develop gaming content,” Yip added.